Project EU «Reinventing displaced universities: enhancing competitiveness, serving communities» (REDU) Terms of the Project 2020-2023
Programme EU Support to Displaced Higher Education Institutions in the East of Ukraine
Grant Agreement № 2020 / 415-429
- Institute of Higher Education of the National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine
- Displaced Universities: Donetsk State University of Management, Mariupol; Luhansk National Agrarian University, Starobilsk; Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University, Severodonetsk
- British Council Ukraine
In 2016-2019, British Council Ukraine in partnership with the Institute of Higher Education of the National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine and UK Leadership Foundation for Higher Education and support of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine has been implementing Ukraine Higher Education Leadership Development Programme where Donetsk State University of Management, Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian University and Luhansk National Agrarian University were participants. Successful participation of above displaced universities in Ukraine Higher Education Leadership Development Programme has proved their substantial leadership capacity and commitment to move ahead. After the Call “EU Support to Displaced Higher Education Institutions in the East of Ukraine” was announced at the end of 2018, partners decided to unite their efforts in preparation of the project proposal.
Overall objective: to raise attractiveness and competitiveness of displaced universities by:
- enhancing their institutional capacity;
- development of effective university governance;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- facilitation of internationalization
- To enhance displaced partner universities’ infrastructure for delivery of quality education and dynamic community engagement.
- To build capacity of partner universities enabling their leadership, staff and students to better respond to displacement challenges, as well as challenges faced by local communities, Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
- To boost social responsibility of partner universities by involving academic community into solving social, economic, environmental, cultural and other societal issues.
Project target groups:
Students and stuff of displaced partner universities (hereinafter partner universities), local communities and business of Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
Major project results:
- Improved infrastructure of three partner universities allowing for innovative and partnership-based administration and teaching practices.
- Enhanced competence of partner universities’ staff and students enabling them to provide good governance, contribute to teaching and learning excellence and internationalization of higher education.
- New (renewed) partner universities’ institutional development strategies launched and available for internal and external stakeholders.
- Enhanced quality of education in partner universities due to: modernized syllabi capable to meet the current challenges of local communities; enforcement of teaching and learning excellence, good governance and internationalization.
- Active role and stronger impact of partner universities’ students and staff on implementation of institutional development strategies, university good governance, teaching and learning excellence, internationalization.
- Strengthened cooperation between partner universities and local communities, contribution to social and economic recovery due to project resources and outputs and extending services to different groups of stakeholders.
Project objectives and results are to be achieved via implementation of the following activities:
- Conducting of institutional audits at partner universities
- Visit to the UK
- Creating co-working areas at partner universities
- Delivery of trainings for partner universities’ staff and students
- Renewal / development of universities‘ institutional development strategies
- Development and piloting of new/upgraded courses
- Upgrading internal quality assurance systems
- Multiplication of new knowledge and skills
- Development of English language competence of academic staff
- Support of students’ services
- Delivery of learning services for community
- Documentation, systematization and dissemination of best practices
- Institute of Higher Education NAES of Ukraine: Olena Orzhel (email@example.com)
- Donetsk State University of Management: Andriy Stoyka (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Luhansk National Agrarian University: Valeriy Borodachov (email@example.com)
- Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian University: Oleksandr Ryazantsev (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- British Council Ukraine: Lyudmila Tatsenko (email@example.com)