Project “Ukraine Higher Education Leadership Development Programme”
- British Council in Ukraine
- Leadership Foundation for Higher Education, UK Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
Project Coordinator: Svitlana Kalashnikova (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The goal of the project is to support the reform of higher education sector via nurturing leadership capacity of Ukrainian universities.
During three years, over 2016 – 2019, 40 universities took part in the Programme.
By 2019, the project has achieved the following results:
- The national network of “change agents”, i.e. experts ready to introduce and implement innovative transformations in their universities, was established.
- Mechanisms for dissemination, cooperation and exchange of best practices in leadership capacity development were introduced.
- Effective application of change agents’ leadership capital was demonstrated, at the system level, within higher education sector, or at the institutional level via recognition of the status of a single university and improvement of its performance indicators.
- Distinct understanding by universities of their role and responsibility under extended autonomy via revision of university strategies.
- 34 partnership exchange visits between universities of Ukraine and UK took place.