Leadership Development Programme
Ukraine Higher Education Leadership Development Programme
We are glad to announce that we start three years term Ukraine Higher Education Leadership Development Programme based on mutual agreement between the Institute of Higher Education of the National Academy of the Educational Sciences of Ukraine, the British Council in Ukraine, the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education (UK) with the assistance of the Ministry of Higher Education and Science of Ukraine.
Aim of the Programme – to assist reform in the sector of higher education through universities leadership development in Ukraine.
Programme will be accomplished through the team-based work (3-5 representatives from the university); including senior and middle managers, academic and students stuff to support the systemic development of university leadership potential.
Each cycle of the Programme (12 months) involves a sequence of measures in the framework of the project to bring about innovative changes in universities.
On October 2015, a call for universities to apply for the Programme will be announced. As a result, 10 universities will be selected to take part in the first round of the Programme (February 2016 – February 2017).
40 universities will be involved in the Programme during three years.
The British Council will designate a number of its funded Academic Partnerships in order to enable each Ukrainian university team to pair thematically with a UK university in order to support its change project.
By the end of 2018, the following agreed outcomes will have been delivered:
- A national cohort of change agents well equipped to support institutional and system change in higher education
- 350 change agents from 40 universities
- 40 academic partnership visits to the UK
- Systems for dissemination, networking and sharing effective leadership practice
- Effective implementation of leadership development in the system of higher education or a separate university
- Universities are clear about their role and how to operate optimally in an autonomous system of higher education
Detailed information about implementation of the Programme is also presented on the official web site of the British Council in Ukraine
Coordinator of the Programme – Institute of Higher Education of the NAES of Ukraine